Welcome to the “SHOP & WIN” competition (the "competition") conducted by Fair Discounters (Pty) Ltd t/a Fair Price Furniture & Appliances (Registration Number: 2006/023282/07) (“Promoter”). These rules are the official rules of the competition ("rules"). These rules (together with any official competition communication) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the website or (at Promoter's sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
Who May Enter The Competition?
Participants must have a valid identity document or passport, be a South African citizen or a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the competition up until the redemption of the prize (“Participants”/”you”/”your”).
Who May Not Enter The Competition?
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
Fair Price employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), agencies(s), or consultant(s) relating to this competition.
Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
Entries to Grand Prize Draw:
1. The competition runs from 26 July 2016 to 30 September 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
2. To enter the competition participants need to pay up their lay-bye within the competition dates or buy for cash, fill in the entry form and drop the entry form into the competition box. Entries will be
accepted in store and during trading hours only.
3. The winner will be randomly selected via a lucky draw.
4. Entries reflected on Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the
only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by Promoter no later than 17h00 on closing date Friday, 30 September 2016.
1. The Grand Prize consists of:
a. 4 x Lounge Makeovers valued at R25 000.00 (twenty five thousand rand) each including VAT
2. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is
3. Promoter is not responsible for any damage to prize items after signature of receipt.
Prize winner selection
1. The draw for the Grand Prize will take place on the 14th October 2016 at the Fair Price Head Office, 8 Rente Street, Ormonde, 2091.
2. The prize winners will be the first four entries drawn by lot or chance by the judges.
3. The winners will be contacted via telephone on the phone number provided to the Promoter, or by any means provided on the entry form, within 5 (five) working days or as soon as reasonably possible after the draw has taken place.
4. In the event that Fair Price cannot contact the customer after (5) five attempts, Fair Price reserves the right to draw another winner. Records will be kept on the customer contact attempts done.
Lounge Make-over Prizes:
1. The prize will be a Fair Price Lounge Make-over voucher to the value of R25 000.00 (twenty five thousand rand) including VAT.
2. Prize winner can visit any Fair Price store and choose products to the total value of R25 000.00 (twenty five thousand rand) from the below categories (limited to 1 (one) item per category) available within the Fair Price range for their lounge by presenting the voucher that is handed over to them.
a. Lounge Suite
b. Coffee Table
c. TV/Wall Unit
e. Home Theatre/Hi-Fi/DVD
3. Store manager to contact Head Office to process the payment and manager to arrange delivery of goods.
4. In the event that the chosen goods exceed the voucher value of R25 000 (twenty five thousand rand), the prize winner is liable for the outstanding balance.
5. In the event that the chosen goods are less than the voucher value of R25 000 (twenty five thousand rand), customer needs to choose additional items as the store will not reimburse the difference.
6. In the event that the selected item chosen is out of stock, the customer will have to find a
replacement or at customers request Fair Price will find a replacement.
7. Where applicable, a valid TV licence will have to be produced in order to claim the prize failing which
the winner will forfeit the prize and a further draw will be held.
Publicity and Granting of Rights in Photo
1. Please note that the following terms require you to give permission to use your name and/or image in marketing material or to participate in any marketing activity.
2. You have the right to decline permission to use your name and/or image in marketing material or to participate in any marketing activity.
1. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
2. The Promoter is not liable for any delivery charges for the prizes.
3. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The prize is not transferable or negotiable and may not be exchanged for cash.
5. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
6. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
7. Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements.
8. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw.
9. When claiming the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide to the Promoter within 10 (ten) working days of date being notified of their prize, positive identification (including a valid identity document or passport) and proof of driver’s licence valid during the period
of the Competition, failing which they may be disqualified and forfeit the prize.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the competition, the dates of the draws, or terminate the competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prize, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
11. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter. Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk or liability, limit the risk and liability of the Promoter or to indemnify the Promoter. Please read it carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
12. In accepting the prize, the prize winner also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Fair Price with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act or any other relevant legislation.
13. Fair Price, their partners, their representatives, employees, subsidiaries, and/or other associated
companies cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damage whether directly or indirectly, howsoever caused, due to the acceptance or use of the prize, without limitation.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize.
3. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the promoter’s discretion