Competition Rules Welcome to the “WIN YOUR SHARE OF R50 000 IN CASH” competition (the "competition") conducted by Fair Discounters (Pty) Ltd t/a Fair Price Furniture & Appliances (Registration Number: 2006/023282/07) (“Promoter”). These rules are the official rules of the competition ("rules"). These rules (together with any official competition communication) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the website or (at Promoter's sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
Who May Enter The Competition?Participants must have a valid identity document or passport, be a South African citizen or a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the competition up until the redemption of the prize (“Participants”/”you”/”your”).
Who May Not Enter The Competition?The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
Fair Price and LG employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), agencies(s), or consultant(s) relating to this competition. Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition. The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above. Legal Entities Entries to Grand Prize Draw:
1. The competition runs from 21 February 2018 to 30 April 2018. No late entries will be accepted. 2. To enter the competition participants must purchase any LG product cash or pay up their LG lay-bye within the competition dates to qualify for the competition, they will then be automatically entered into the competition. 3. Proof of purchase must be kept carefully as this must be presented once the draw is held. 4. An electronic copy of these rules is obtainable on the Fair Price website at www.fairprice.co.za and at the Fair Price stores for the duration of the competition. 5. The winners will be randomly chosen via a lucky draw. 6. Entries reflected on Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries. Closing Dates:
Entries must be received by Promoter no later than 17h00 on closing date Monday, 30 April 2018. Prizes:
1. The Prize consists of: a. 5 x R10 000 Cash (Ten Thousand Rand) including VAT 2. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is unavailable. 3. Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss to prize items after signature of receipt. Prize winner selection
1. The draw for the Prize will take place on or about the 7th May 2018 at the Fair Price Head Office, 8 Rente Street, Ormonde, 2091. 2. Five prize winners will be drawn by lot or chance by the judges and overseen by the auditors. 3. Once the winners have been verified and purchases confirmed, the winners will be contacted. 4. The winners will be contacted via telephone on the phone number provided to the Promoter, within 5 (five) working days or as soon as reasonably possible after the draw has taken place. 5. In the event that Fair Price cannot contact the customers after (5) five attempts, Fair Price reserves the right to draw other winners. Records will be kept on the customer contact attempts done. 6. The winners will be asked to provide Promoter with the proof of purchase in order to verify the entry into the competition. Should the winners not be able to provide the proof of purchase, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the winner’s entry into the competition and draw another winner. The winners will receive their prizes via EFT into their bank accounts Cash Prizes:
1. Total value of Cash prizes will be R50 000.00 (fifty thousand rand) including VAT. 2. In accepting the prize, the prize winner also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Fair Price with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 or any other relevant legislation. 3. Fair Price, their partners, their representatives, employees, subsidiaries, and/or other associated companies cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damage whether directly or indirectly, howsoever caused, due to the acceptance or use of the prize, without limitation. 4. The prize is non-transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for goods or products. 5. The winner must produce a valid South African bank account in their own name when collecting their prize failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a further draw will be conducted. 6. The prize money will be transferred to the bank account details provided within 2 weeks of draw. Publicity and Granting of Rights in Photo
1. Please note that the following terms require you to give permission to use your name and/or image in marketing material or to participate in any marketing activity. General rules
1. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition. 2. The Promoter is not liable for any delivery charges for the prizes. 3. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 4. The prize is not transferable or negotiable and may not be exchanged for cash. 5. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. 6. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition. 7. Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements. 8. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw. 9. When claiming the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide to the Promoter within 10 (ten) working days of date being notified of their prize, positive identification (including a valid identity document or passport) and proof of driver’s licence valid during the period of the Competition, failing which they may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. 10. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the competition, the dates of the draws, or terminate the competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prize, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever. 11. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter. Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk or liability, limit the risk and liability of the Promoter or to indemnify the Promoter. Please read it carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions! 12. In accepting the prize, the prize winner also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Fair Price with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act or any other relevant legislation. 13. Fair Price, their partners, their representatives, employees, subsidiaries, and/or other associated companies cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damage whether directly or indirectly, howsoever caused, due to the acceptance or use of the prize, without limitation.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law. 2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize. 3. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the promoter’s discretion