Welcome to the Fair Price Competition (the "competition") conducted by Fair Discounters (Pty) Ltd t/a Fair Price Furniture & Appliances (Registration Number: 2006/023282/07) (referred to as “Promoter” or “Fair Price” interchangeably). These rules are the official rules of the competition ("rules"). These rules (together with any official competition communication) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the website or (at Promoter's sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
Who May Enter The Competition?
Participants must have a valid identity document or passport, be a South African citizen or a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the competition up until the redemption of the prize (“Participants”/”you”/”your”).
Who May Not Enter The Competition?
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
Fair Price employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), agencies(s), or consultant(s) relating to this competition.
Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
Entries to Grand Prize Draw:
1. The competition runs from dates specified on promotional material. No late entries will be accepted.
2. To enter the competition participants must Like, Share and Comment on the Facebook post.
3. An electronic copy of these rules is obtainable on the Fair Price website at www.fairprice.co.za.
5. The winners will be randomly chosen via a lucky draw.
6. Entries reflected on Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by Promoter no later than close of day on closing date shown on promotional material.
1. The Prizes are as per promotional material:
2. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is unavailable.
3. Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss to prize items after signature of receipt.
Prize winner selection:
1. The draw for the Prize will take place on or about the date specified on promotional material at the Fair Price Head Office, 8 Rente Street, Ormonde, 2091.
2. Prize winners will drawn by lot or chance by the judges and overseen by the auditors.
3. The winners will be contacted via Facebook, within 5 (five) working days or as soon as reasonably possible after the draw has taken place.
5. In the event that winners do not contact Fair Price after (5) five days, Fair Price reserves the right to draw other winners. Records will be kept on the customer contact attempts done.
6. In accepting the prize, the prize winner also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Fair Price with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 or any other relevant legislation.
7. Fair Price, their partners, their representatives, employees, subsidiaries, and/or other associated companies cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damage whether directly or indirectly, howsoever caused, due to the acceptance or use of the prize, without limitation.
8. The prize is non-transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for goods or products.
Publicity and Granting of Rights in Photo
1. Please note that you will be requested to give permission to use your name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity.
2. You have the right to decline permission to use your name and/or image in marketing material or to participate in any marketing activity.
1. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
2. The Promoter is not liable for any delivery charges for the prizes.
3. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The prize is not transferable or negotiable and may not be exchanged for cash.
5. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
6. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
7. Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements.
8. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw.
9. When claiming the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide to the Promoter within 10 (ten) working days of date being notified of their prize, positive identification (including a valid identity document or passport) and proof of driver’s licence valid during the period of the Competition, failing which they may be disqualified and forfeit the prize.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the competition, the dates of the draws, or terminate the competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prize, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
11. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter. Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk or liability, limit the risk and liability of the Promoter or to indemnify the Promoter. Please read it carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
12. In accepting the prize, the prize winner also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Fair Price with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act or any other relevant legislation.
13. Fair Price, their partners, their representatives, employees, subsidiaries, and/or other associated companies cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damage whether directly or indirectly, howsoever caused, due to the acceptance or use of the prize, without limitation.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize.
3. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the promoter’s discretion